Network Security Engineer
Summary / Objective
The Network Security Engineer functions as a team lead, but with a technical focus on firewalls/network security. This position reports to the CIO/CISO.
The Network Security Engineer is responsible for:
- Monitoring security events on internal and client networks
- Designing, implementing, supporting, and updating firewall configurations
- Maintaining blacklisting entries from Federal law enforcement resources
- Continuously improving client IDS/IPS, SSL inspection configurations, and full network micro-segmentation
- Training other team members on proper firewall implementation and best practices
- Working with the Security team to accomplish the goals of the clients
- Working with the Operations and Network Engineering teams on defining incoming projects and ensuring their timely completion
- Designing and implementing automated methods of completing tasks
- Working with CIO/CISO on defining technology and documentation standards, particularly those related to network security
- Identifying and filling gaps in the team knowledge base
- Capable of defining complex plans and seeing them through
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to foresee roadblocks and plan accordingly
- Lead others by example and by training
None required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position requires working some evenings and weekends as needed.
Required Education and Experience
Associates Degree in Networking, Computer Support, or Application Development and at least 3 years of job experience in a similar role
Bachelor’s Degree in Networking, Computer Support, or Application Development and at least 2 years of job experience in a similar role
5 years on the job experience in a similar role.
Experience in FortiGate firewall configuration or information security a plus.
AAP / EEO Statement
StrataDefense, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- Relaxed, collaborative, casual work environment
- Competitive salary with company-based performance incentives
- Health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement for onsite client activities
- 401(k) plan offering
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Company-paid life insurance